The Levana Jena Digital Video Baby Monitor (Jena, meaning “Endurance”), was created after Raj, founder of the brand, found that an audio only monitor with low quality sound was not good enough and that seeing your baby rather than simply hearing him or her was something that needed to be addressed. From this, the Levana Jena was born and less than a year later the first wireless, full color and hand held video monitor was on the market.
The Levana Jena Video Baby Monitor’s best feature across the board seems to be its almost hands on way of remaining in contact with your baby at all times, in different ways, and in different modes. Day or night, you can keep an eye on your baby as well as chat to your baby if comfort is needed.
The clarity of sound of the Levana Jena is very clear, with little to no white noise, allowing you to hear only your baby clearly and properly. A feature, called VOX, is available and enables you to adjust volume sensitivity.
The video aspect of this monitor seems to be its most popular feature. Its ClearVu® technology allows you to see and hear your baby with extreme clarity and sharpness from up to 500 ft away. Unlike monitors that provide an analog signal, which can be intercepted, this monitor provides a private and secure signal, which means that only you will be able to see or hear your baby.
Even in complete darkness, the Levana Jena Baby Monitor’s built in night vision camera captures a clear picture of your baby-from up to 15 ft. away! Additionally, the camera system adjusts automatically as the room becomes darker. The camera can be placed anywhere in the room and will still display a clear picture of your baby.
PEEP mode is a battery saving feature, which enables the camera to turn off when baby’s room is quiet, and only turns on when it detects sound and movement.
- The Levana Jena Video Baby Monitor is not just for two way communication between mom and baby, but can also be used as a household intercom.
- Its digital wireless system provides an optimum range of up to 500 feet
- It has extremely efficient battery power-the rechargeable lithium-ion batteries last up to 8 hours with the screen on, and 12 hours in power saving mode.
- The monitor comes with a temperature sensor, so you can ensure that baby is not too cold or too warm.
- The monitor allows up to 3 cameras to monitor different areas of the house.
- The monitor has a light, which can be doubled as a night light for baby.
- It has 5 different lullabies that can be changed with the parent unit of the monitor from any area of the home to soothe baby if you are not close by.
- It comes with a one year warranty as well as customer support.
Read the Levana Jena Manual for more details.
- This product is not a toy. It should be kept at least 3 feet away from baby’s reach at all times as baby can become entangled in cords.
- It contains small parts so exercise caution when assembling.
- LEVANA® does not endorse any LEVANA® products for illegal activities. Levana is not responsible or liable in any way for any damage, vandalism, theft or any other action that may occur while a LEVANA® product is in use by the purchaser.
- This product does not replace responsible adult supervision. Check on your child at regular intervals and make sure your monitor is always adequately charged.
The Levana Jena seems to be an all in one must have video baby monitor with many special features and ensures constant peace of mind and comfort for both mom and baby. As with all monitors there are a few small issues-the camera light is very bright and the monitor screen is also very small, but the pros definitely seem to outweigh any cons.
Learn more about other Levana Baby Monitors here.