Nowadays, more and more parents are turning to advanced video baby monitors to watch their infants instead of using traditional ones that simply monitor sound levels. The reason you ask? It’s because these devices let them better monitor their child’s activities. Since more and more parents are using these types of monitors, there are actually more options on the market to choose from with one of them being the LOREX BB2411 2.4″ Peek Video Baby Monitor. To learn what this monitor has to offer, check out this detailed overview that focuses on it.
The LOREX BB2411 2.4″ Sweet Peek Video Baby Monitor
The biggest selling point of this baby monitor, as indicated by its name, is parents can use it to both hear and see what their child might be doing when they’re not in the room. It even comes with crystal clear night vision to ensure mom and dad can keep up on how their little bundle of joy is sleeping at night along with a night light to help a child get accustomed to the dark.
All Kinds of Features
In addition to those features just mentioned above, this monitor made and designed by LOREX, an industry leader, also has many other impressive features that make it a solid buy. They are:
- Camera that has crystal clear night vision and digital zoom.
- Has a nightlight that is built-in to the camera unit.
- Has a 2.4 inch LCD monitor that is portable and rechargeable with up to eight hours of battery life.
- Monitor also has easy-to-use buttons.
- Excellent, crisp sound.
- Two-way talking capabilities.
- Can play music like lullabies.
- Has a 450 foot outdoor wireless range.
- Complete kit comes with one wireless camera, a monitor, two power adapters, one mounting kit, and one manual.
- Can be expanded and accommodates up to four cameras.
All Kinds of Benefits
Given that the LOREX BB2411 unit has a long list of impressive features; it subsequently has a long list of benefits. They consist of:
- Feeling truly confident that you can watch your child both day and night no matter where you might be within your home with its portable monitor and 450 foot range.
- The ability to sooth your child even if you’re not able to get to his or her room thanks to its two-way talking technology.
- Since the unit can be expanded by adding up to three additional cameras, it grows with your family.
The Pros & Cons of the LOREX Sweet Peek Monitor
With this child monitoring unit, there are different pros and cons related to it, something that might affect a person who’s thinking about buying it.
The pros of this LOREX selection include:
- Due to the fact that the monitor is rechargeable and has an extremely long battery life, it can be used for extended periods of time and allows you to focus on your little one instead of worrying that you have to replace batteries, etc.
- With its ability to play lullabies and music, providing background noise to help your little tyke sleep is convenient. Basically, no other sound machine or radio is required.
- Its digital zoom allows you to really hone in on what your child might be doing, especially if you’re concerned about his or her sleeping patterns or breathing.
With the pros covered, the cons then comprise of:
- A bit on the flimsy side since the camera unit is smaller.
- At 2.4″, the LCD monitor is a bit on the small size and can be hard to see if you have vision problems.
Some Opinions from Mothers and Fathers
Due to the fact that this baby monitor is used mainly by mothers and fathers, we made the decision to do some research and find out what they had to say about it. After looking over a plethora of websites that consisted of blogs, parenting magazines, and other popular parent news related sites, here is a look at what they had to all say:
- There were a lot of moms and dads who liked how the baby monitoring unit was more of a complete monitoring system that could be expanded with more cameras. Parents with more than one kid thought this was very convenient and much, much better than buying separate, additional baby monitors.
- With a decent purchase price, not too many parents complained about how much the Lorex Sweet Peek Video Baby monitor cost and felt that the add-on camera price point was also pretty reasonable.
- Parents appreciated how easy the unit was to set up.
- There were some mothers and fathers who thought that the monitor wasn’t as well built as it could have been and mentioned that when accidentally dropped, it didn’t quite work as well when it was new out of the package.
- Some parents didn’t think the zoom function worked as well as other higher priced infant monitors on the market, yet, said it was still functional enough and were able to get past it.
- A majority of parents enjoyed the extra features the unit had highlighted by how it could play music, plus, how they were able to talk to their child even when they weren’t in the room. One mom even said that it was a total life saver since she had a newborn and a toddler. She was able to feed her newborn in the living room and calm her toddler who was in her room by using the two way talking feature it had.
In short, the Sweet Peek Video Baby Monitor is a worthy option for monitoring a child. Available at a variety of online and offline retail stores, it would be tough to find one that’s better for the same amount of money. So, if you think it’s one that you might want to purchase, there’s really no good reason not to get it. For that reason, don’t hesitate and buy it today.